Friday, June 22, 2012

Anyone Else Taken the Bite?

After 10 months of fiction deprivation I spent last night searching for the hottest new novel to kick off my summer reading. A year ago I loved every moment of my time spent in Mississippi with the lovely ladies from The Help and was thrilled seeing it come to life in the film of the same name. 
Yet this summer I feel like going back in time to the mid 1800s where Abraham Lincoln spent his free time axing Vampires to a dark demise. The novel, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, has stirred up quite a bit of chatter since its author, Seth Graham-Smith, published it in March 2010. Though only 50 pages in, I am attracted to the thrill of this dark yet historically beautiful tale. The modern writing contrasted with excerpts from Honest Abe's diaries has thus far attracted millions of readers and soon to be movie watchers. If you like a little fright and gore on a warm summer evening or have history nerd tendencies, I would definitely advise checking it out. Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment