Wednesday, July 2, 2014

10 Days Vegan

I am going vegan for 10 DAYS! That's 1 and a half weeks. 240 hours. 14,400 minutes. 

Why Vegan? 
I feel that over the past few months I have lost sight of a truly healthy lifestyle and have been searching for the restart button. A purely plant based diet is a perfect way to rejuvenate my body and cut down on those cravings for sugars and fats after work. Not to mention I am starting to feel increasingly reliant on coffee in the morning and afternoon to keep me energized throughout the day. This lack of energy could be caused by other factors including early mornings and a long commute but I think it's worth changing my diet to understand my true potential. 

I hope you'll be interested in following my journey I'll be posting my grocery list, meal plans, and recipes and report back with my true and honest feelings. 

I will be using Vegan.Life from Peta.org for guidance for the next few days and trying out some of the recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This website has plenty of inspiration and will be a great reminder that vegan lifestyles create a healthier world. Check out this info graphic about the affect that the meat industry has on the world. 


Check back for my recipes and accounts of every day! 

Happy vegging!! 

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Me and Nathan are doing a month going vegetarian next month! I'm excited to see how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I guess I'm logged in as Nathan...

    ReplyDelete