Friday, July 24, 2015

Beauty On My Mind

I am definitely a beauty junkie. Tints, serums, concealers and essential oils are my obsession. If I like one a lot I hardly hesitate to splurge and then rave about it to everyone.

Beauty has been exciting to me for over a decade and began when my mom asked if I wanted to pick out some mascara to wear to my first day of 7th grade. I chose a cheap blue one from the drugstore (yikes!) but nothing had ever made me feel so excited, powerful and ambitious before.

Since then, I have matured my beauty routine but maintain the ideology that beauty is about completing my look, accentuating my features and is the most relaxing 10 minutes of my routine. I think it is important to feel fierce stepping out even without a completely done-up face, in fact I do it all the time! My makeup doesn't give me confidence and it shouldn't be the only source of self-esteem for anyone. It's just about experimenting and relaxing but it happens to be beautiful!

Now to the products that I am loving right now!


Let's start with skincare. I always start out with a moisturizer right after cleansing to maintain smooth and supple skin. This one from Neutrogena is a little more traditional and is fantastic at locking in the moisture.





My seriously favorite new moisturizer right now is Josie Maran's Argan Oil. Once you move to Argan oil, you'll never go back! This natural oil moisturizes, fights fine lines and can even help to heal acne. If you've never used oil I suggest this from Josie Maran to test it on your skin!




My trusty foundation is from M.A.C. I use their Studio Fix because it provides full coverage and SPF 15. Their matching technology is truly amazing. My skin tone is NW20.



I have tried a lot of mascaras in my day and this one from Covergirl has been a routine favorite for about a year and a half. It is super affordable, goes on clump-free and works better than some designer brands I have used in the past. I won't name names though...


I love the curved brush!  



NARS has the most amazing duo compact that looks amazing on just about everyone. I love to mix the Laguna Bronzer into my foundation during the summer and wear the Orgasm blush year round.




I spend a good amount of time on my brows but hardly any money on them. This wax/powder duo works amazing with a good eyebrow brush.


For a bold smoky eye to accompany my brows, I use Clinique's really simple compact. I am definitely  not an eyeshadow pro so I keep it simple and dab some of the dark shade into the outer corners of my eyes before mascara and finish with the golden color on the top lid. I got this one as a gift with purchase but the All About Shadow quad is fab! 



Lastly, I am loving this tinted lip balm from L'Occitane. My favorite shade is Rose Nude.






Shop my favorites: Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel, Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil, M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid, Covergirl clump crusher, NARS Blush and Bronzer duo, NYC Brush On Brow Kit, Clinique All About Shadow, L'Occitane Pivoine Sublim Lip Balm

No comments:

Post a Comment